Elder Tim Eddington

Elder Tim Eddington
Serving in the Mexico Merida Mission

June 29, 2010

Sweet parrot!



5/31/2010


"Life is pretty crazy but pretty good here... haha In district meeting yesterday Elder Terry opened up his preach my gospel and an alacran (scorpion) fell out !!! haha It was funny .. there are two sister missionaries in our zone down here and they flipped out!!! all the elders were laughing and the sisters were up on their chairs screaming matala matala!!! (kill it kill it) it was great... so today we have more time for our p-day which is good cuz we needed it... the elders before me changed houses right before I got here so there is no mirror, fans, seats or anything... I bought a mirror this week so now at least we can shave and do our hair... the Branch President gave us a couch so that is pretty sweet... there is a ceiling fan where we sleep but it is terrible. The branch president says he is gonna fix it...but yeah we went through the market this week and I found this sweet sweet woven bag for my scriptures for 35 pesos!! ( 3 bucks) It will be so much cooler than my backpack! It has been really hot and humid here. ITS HURRICANE SEASON BABY!!! haha There is a tropical storm in Guatemala and Chiapas right now.. like 100 miles south of us... who knows if it will come. I doubt it.


Anyways.... we had a really cool experience this Sunday... last week we didn’t bring any investigators to the church so we were pretty bummed... so this week we worked super hard and Saturday afternoon we started a fast... Sunday morning we went for our investigators and, once again, nobody. So... once again we went to the church solo. As we were sitting in sacrament meeting I was praying and trying to figure out what I was to learn from this and what we were missing to bring investigators to church... I got a feeling of "quit pouting, trust in the Lord and everything will be ok". Five minutes later the family of four we had invited all showed up!!! Also, a family that had just moved here from Campeche came. The husband and wife are members, but they had been inactive forever. They have four kids of the ages of 16, 14, 11 and 8... all of the age of baptism, and they want us to teach their kids!!! So we had 8 new investigators in the church this week!

The power of praying and fasting is real!!! The thing is that the Lord knows what we need MUCH better than we do and He generally blesses us in different ways than we expect... He always listens to our prayers, and He worked us a little miracle here in the jungle this weekend!"


Elder E.



6/7/2010


"Hey! This week has been pretty good. We found some more people, so it looks like we should have 3 or 4 baptisms this month, so that's pretty cool!


The family that we are teaching wasnt able to come this week because the dad had to work and the mom was sick (she is pregnant) .. but the son, called Moisés (moses) who is 13, got himself up and ready and WALKED all the way to church by himself! It was so cool! He LOVES young mens. They have youth conference this weekend that comes in Chetumal and he is going to ask permission to go with them, so that would be cool.


I’m doing pretty good here in Carrillo Puerto. Sometimes I feel like I´m trapped in this tiny little village and I just wanna run away. lol But it's pretty cool I guess... My comp and I actually got kinda lost in the jungle the other day and that was actually hilarious! We found our way out! Everything is going pretty good here. Just workin hard and tryin not to burn in the ridiculous heat..."


Elder E



6/14/2010


"All is well here in Carrillo Puerto... as far as the work goes at least. We have a baptism this Saturday and three more the next so that should be fun... Now we are just trying to find more people for July! Last night a plane crashed here in Carrillo Puerto that was headed for Chetuaml so there was sirens and all kinds of shenanigans last night all night long... eight people died... today here in Chetumal they are having the funeral.


Anyways... yesterday one of the ladies in our ward fell and broke her foot... and had surgery - I swear it is like the EXACT injury you had Mom... My comp and I went to the hospital to give her a blessing... there was this lady next to her that is from this little tiny village in the jungle that has to get an operation on her.. something... I dont know how to say it in English... lol But she was crying cuz she was scared and all of her kids are alone at home in her town... The lady from our ward explained to her what a blessing was and she asked us for one... of course I had to give it. As I put my hands on this sick ladies head and started the blessing I had no idea what to say. But it came out of my mouth that the surgery will go well and that she will be able to return to her family... so I hope she does well!! haha It's always cool to be able to bless the lives of other people. We saw a monkey this week!! haha It's so funny! It started dancing and swinging on the tree and showing off when it saw us.. it was great! haha Everything is all right here!"


Elder E

No comments:

Post a Comment