Elder Tim Eddington

Elder Tim Eddington
Serving in the Mexico Merida Mission

July 6, 2010

JULY 5, 2010


"Hey fam! Well, we had another crazy week here in Carrillo Puerto... lol the other day we were standing talking to this guy when the guy all of a sudden grabbed a huge rock and hucked it at my feet !!! what i didn’t realize was that there was an orange snake crawling over my foot.... i guess it was really venomous... lol so the lord was looking out for me.. it was actually pretty funny... lol

Also we got BIKES this week!!! we spent like 1500 pesos in taxis in June which is ridiculous so we asked the president for bikes and he said we could have them... i am so tired!! i haven’t ridden a bike in a LONG time and my body can feel it!! Ha ha my bike isn’t actually that bad it has full suspension but the bike of my comp is TINY and old.. lol but he does ok on it...

President Cardenas went home this week, and our new mission president arrived on the 1st with his fam and his wife. the presidents name is NetzahualcoyotlSalinas( no i didn’t misspell his first name that is really what it is. its Aztec) but of course to us he is just Presidente Salinas... so today we came to Chetumal and President Salinas came for interviews... HE IS SO AWESOME!! he is like 16 years younger than president Cardenas and he is so ANIMATED! he has so much energy and is so full of the spirit... he has some crazy goals and vision for this mission.. .i think he is literally going to turn this place upside down... he give one of the most powerful capacitations that i have ever seen today.. he talked about the faculties of the soul and how alma exhorts us to "stimulate them" he also talked a lot about the eye of faith... everything we do we have to picture first with the eye of faith or we cant do anything... he is awesome... his wife also talked to us... he also has 4 teenage kids with him! his oldest is his daughter that has 17 years and next three have 15 and 13 and 11 years... they all presented themselves too... so that was really cool.. he is going to do great things with this mission!

so we have another baptism the 17th ... he is the drug addict that we helped... after the first time in the church he cut his hair and changed all of his crazy jewelry and stuff... he has Changed a ton.. he is way excited!!!

well all is well here! BTW, I guess the new Americans missionaries aren’t coming.. they couldn’t get their visas so they are spread out in various missions in Utah so I probably won’t be changing companions right away. In my interview with the new president he sat down in the desk and said... (translated) "Before we start I want to tell you something... I was observing you during my capacitacion (training) and I want you to know that I now consider you as one of my kids" and he said "You have a good spirit.. you have a LOT of potential and you are very able.. now I want you to go and meet that potential!" This President is so crazy amazing!"


Love all of you -
Elder Eddington

No comments:

Post a Comment